BCA is a dynamic arts charity that has been working in Bedfordshire and beyond for over thirty years. We bring artists and communities together to create high quality and ambitious art projects which involve the community in the making of the work. You will find us in places where you least expect art to happen, such as shopping centres, local libraries or on housing estates. Some of our projects involve working in areas for an extended period of time; such as our Clubhouse project, where we have been working on two streets in Bedford’s Queen’s Park for over two and a half years making a series of short films on the theme of home.
We also work extensively in schools through our Culture Challenge programme which delivers artist-led experiences for children and young people in partnership with schools in Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
We are now looking for an Office and Facilities Manager to join our small team in Bedford, on a full time permanent basis for 37 hrs per/week. This role is varied and you can expect to work in a busy environment. We are looking for someone with an attention to detail and a passion for managing the systems that make us efficient. An interest in the arts and working with the local community is desirable.
Your duties will include, but are not be limited to:
- General office administration and management.
- Ensuring compliance with charity regulations and legal obligations.
- Some basic finance duties (to support the finance manager).
- IT Management – While IT support is outsourced, the post holder would manage the outsourced contract and ensure the service provider continues to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Facilities Management – The post holder will co-ordinate and manage our building, which, in addition to offices, has seven studios by artists. Duties include arranging annual insurance, ensuring compliance with H&S and supporting with any other aspects to ensure the building as a whole is a safe working environment.
- HR – to draw on our external HR Consultant’s expertise to support the continued development of a collaborative working environment.
- Data collation – Our funding partners require us to report statistics and as such, your role would involve collating and maintaining this data
- some administrative support of the Acting Chief Officer and Board of Trustees.
In return for your hard work, dedication and enthusiasm, we offer a friendly team environment, flexible working and the opportunity to learn new skills.
We seek to be an inclusive organisation and promote equality of opportunity, but recognise that we and the wider arts sector need to take action to ensure that our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Therefore, we actively encourage applications from under-represented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) individuals and those who consider themselves to be disabled.
To apply, you should submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you feel you can bring to the role and our organization to Julie Born, our HR Consultant, at Julieborn@hrinitiatives.co.uk
For a full job description please see our Opportunities page.
Deadline for applications is Midday on Monday 20th August 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be notified on Wednesday 22nd August 2018
Interviews will take place in Bedford on Tuesday 28th August 2018
For an informal discussion about the role and its requirements, please feel free to contact Julie Born on 07956 636872