BedMID (Bedford Music in Detention) is delighted to announce two exciting new opportunities!
Artist call out for new commission from BedMID
A new music or music-led commission for an artist whose practice explores aspects of identity, migration and working with detainees or refugees. The commission requires the artist to involve participants in the process of making the work.
- Commission fee £1500
- Music and music-led project
- Working with a community group from Bedford
- Marketing support from Bedford Creative Arts
- Project management support from the selected community group
- Opportunity to contribute to Refugee Week 2018 as appropriate
- Deadline to apply 17:00, 5 January 2018. Shortlist announced on 9 January 2018 and interviews on 12 January 2018.
A free music making opportunity for community groups in Bedfordshire in 2018
Do you work with refugees, vulnerable or marginalised communities, or a wellbeing or mental health group? BedMID is offering six free music workshops each for four lucky community groups in 2018. If you think your participants could benefit from music and musician-led workshops then we would like to hear from you.
Deadline to apply 17:00, 5 January 2018.
Find out more and apply via our Opportunities page.