Be 1 of 20 artists, curators and producers to join an invited group of innovators, risk-takers and provocateurs for 2 days of play, discussion and exploration.
BCA believes that the most inspiring and engaging art being made by artists today, is that which engages directly with its audience and context through collaboration.
We are looking for a group of creative practitioners to take part in a three-year programme to develop their skills as Artist/Producers or Producer/Curators and to deliver an exciting set of projects with BCA.
As part of the research and development for this programme BCA is bringing together a group of 45 creative practitioners, for ColLABorate 2, who are interested to develop their skills and share their experience as Artist/Producers or Producer/Curators.
Friday 30 January 2pm to Saturday 31 January 4pm
BCA will provide overnight accommodation and meals.
This two-day event will;
- Offer a focused time for practitioners to reflect, exchange and network.
- Produce a shared resource for participants and a wider public to access.
- Provide intelligence around good practice and development needs for these roles.
- Have great food and a social atmosphere….
- Feed into BCA’s plans for an associate programme 2015-18.
- The Art of Craft – skill, quality, craft in the creation of work with communities.
- Outside Art Spaces – making public space & outdoor art work that delivers beyond engagement.
- Insider/Outsider: beyond the local – how to square the circle of being an insider or outsider when practicing in social settings.
- Developing creative relationships – creating with people who don’t engage, real exchange in the creation of new work.
- Artist Led Art – ensuring that inclusive work can retain its artistic integrity and make a genuine contribution in the broader context of contemporary art practice.
If you share our values introduce yourself and get to know us better by;
1. Giving us your name and contact details
2. Providing a CV / website address / other information (print or video) about your practice as ARTIST / CURATOR / PRODUCER
3. Let us know what you would like to share in terms of presentation, activity, and/or why you want to be part of the event (250 words max.).
Send to email@example.com by 9 am on Monday 22nd December.